I posted this mini-tutorial on Instagram and I thought you guys might want to see it here too. If you make any stockings with it, be sure to send me a photo!
Step 1: supplies
- stocking template (the one I used for this tutorial is from Diary of a Quilter, but I enlarged it when I made them for my family)
- 2 quilted panels 9.5 by 16
- 45 inches of single fold bias binding
- 2 nine-inch pieces of double fold binding
- 1 hanging loop (I made mine using a 3 x 6 inch piece of fabric folded multiple times and then stitched closed)
Step 2: use the template to mark and cut a front and back for your stocking (be sure to reverse the template for the back)
Step 3: sew the double fold binding to the tops
Step 4: place the front and back wrong sides together and sew with a 1/4 inch seam
Step 5: attach the single fold binding, leaving 2-3 extra inches at the top
Step 6: hand sew the binding down, folding and flipping the extra at the top into the stocking
Step 7: attach the loop (very securely if you tend to overstuff your stockings like I do) and you’re done!